Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swimming Lessons!

So it has been the busiest summer and I have SO much to blog about! I'm not really sure where to start. Be patient with me as I slowly update my summer!

At the beginning of summer Mason and Carly started swimming lessons. They each had a private lesson that lasted 15 minutes (each), everyday for two weeks. If you've ever seen the video on the news of the toddler falling into the swimming pool and turning over and floating on its back, that's what these lessons were for. Obviously not to teach them strokes, but to teach them water safety and to float on their backs. The teacher was amazing with the kids!

Even though they LOVE the water, they cried through every single lesson! It's amazing how much they still learned! The funniest part was when Mason would clap for himself every time he did something good, while he was still crying! These were pictures from their second lesson, the only day that I had my camera. Thanks so much Sharon (grandma Francis) for making it happen!
















2 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I want to do those swimming lessons so bad. My friend did it with her little boy and I thought it sounded great. I have heard so many horror stories lately that makes me want to do it even more. Too bad I live in Vegas. I may look into it when we are back next year.

Cammie said...

I am so happy you posted some pictures! Your kids were so cute and did such a great job...really! I can't imagine how great they will do next year. It was also nice to meet you in person :)