I always said that I wanted twins, but never thought that it was actually going to happen! I was ten weeks along when the doctor told us we were having twins! I honestly didn't believe him, he just said it so casually. I looked at Scott and he just had a huge smile on his face. (Which was very comforting) I was in shock and I don't think that I said a word for at least five or ten minutes. We were so excited, but I was very scared to carry two babies!
However, I was very blessed and had a great pregnancy! Don't get me wrong, I was sooooo uncomfortable and so big! But I was able to work full time up until the week before I delivered. I had decided in my mind, that there was no way that I could go to 40 weeks! Scott was so great through the whole pregnancy, but very impatient for the babies to come! Every day that went by, he just got more and more anxious and frustrated! I was at my 35 week check up and the doctor decided to check me and see if I was progressing yet. Well, I was 100% effaced and dilated to a 4. He sent me over to the hospital and admitted me. I was suddenly so nervous and Scott was so excited! He called his work and our families and told them that I was in the hospital and going to have the babies. Unfortunately, I wasn't in active labor and the doctor could not induce me at 35 weeks. He kept me over night, and I was still the same the next morning. Since the babies were still small, they gave me a steroid shot to help develop their lungs. And then sent me home on bed rest and told me that I should be going any day! Well I made it to my next doctors appointment a week later. I was now now dilated to a five and still not in active labor. He wanted me to go to the hospital for a non-stress test the next morning. My mom came with me and while I was there he checked me again and said that Baby A's head was too low for him to send me home. We called Scott at work and he came right over. Apparently it was a busy day to have a baby, because labor and delivery was totally full! We waited for 2 hours to get a room. Luckily I was feeling great and had no pain. At six o'clock the doctor finally came and broke my water. He said that I was doing so good, I might not even need an epidural! I just laughed, and told him not a chance! I waited for a couple good contractions before getting my epidural, and then it was smooth sailing!
At 12:01 a.m. Mason was born, Carly followed right after her big brother two minutes later. They had all of the NICU nurses standing by ready to go in case there were any problems. As soon as they came out they quickly took them into the other room to work on them. I was so scared that they had come to soon and would have problems. After only a few minutes, Scott brought them in one at a time to let me see them and touch their hands. They were completely healthy and breathing on their own! We were so relieved! As the nurses wheeled the babies down to the nursery, they told our moms that they hardly ever get to take BOTH babies down to the well-baby nursery. It wasn't until three hours later that I finally got to hold them. It seemed like forever! I was so amazed at how beautiful they were! The babies did well over the next little bit. The doctors were questioning whether I would be able to take them home right away, since they were still very little and having a hard time eating enough food. But a couple of days later all three of us got to leave the hospital. I am so so blessed to have had two healthy babies that got to come right home with me!
Mason Scott Francis 4lbs 13 oz, Carly Lynn Francis 4lbs 5 oz

Halloween: Two peas in a pod! 2 weeks old

Christmas: 2 months old

Easter: 6 months old
4th of July! 8 1/2 months old



1 comment:
They are so cute!!
Such fun pictures. I can't wait to see their pictures for this years Halloween.
Post a Comment