Friday, November 16, 2007

Did you say COWS on the runway???

Scott and I got to spend last weekend in Vegas. We had so much fun! Scotts parents were nice enough to watch the babies for us! We went and see Howie Mandel at the MGM and stayed one night at the beautiful Venetian. Our room was amazing! We decided that everytime we go, we need to stay there now! (at least we wish we could) We flew home on Monday afternoon. I was a little nervous about the flight, since I don't always do good in little planes. Lucky for me, I had a great pilot (for those of you who don't know, I'm talking about my husband!) and it was a smooth flight the whole way home!

Last time Scott and I flew into Spanish Fork we had an interesting situation. As we were coming in to land another pilot came on the radio and told us to be advised of COWS on the runway! I thought that I had just heard him wrong or that he was playing a joke on us. He then came on a second time to tell us again that there were cows on the runway! Scott decided that he would probably just have to buzz the runway and hope that they would move. As we came in closer, sure enough there were three or four cows at the very end of the runway! We were laughing so hard!! Only in Spanish Fork would you find cattle wondering there way onto the runway!

Here is a picture of us coming into Utah Valley and then a picture of Scott flying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

k so I know this is a way old post but I just have to say how much I miss the Cheetah. Such a gorgeous little airplane. You should be getting some good flying weather these days now that winter is tapering off. Hope you are all doing well. By the way this is Steve.