Lately I've been having days where I feel like pulling my hair out! I'm pretty sure that my babies tricked me by being such good babies the entire first year of their lives. When I first had the twins people who already had twins always told me that it gets easier the older they get. Well that hasn't really been the case for me! I thought the first year was so great, I actually felt pretty confident about everything. Ever since they turned one they have become so naughty! They both throw a killer temper tantrum(especially Mason)! And they have recently become sooo attached to me! I love that they love me, but it is really hard when they both want all of my attention and will never go to anyone else. Remember how I said the nursery went pretty good, well I was wrong! I'm hoping that they do better with time. Today they were both hysterical/ crying/ screaming/ throwing a fit for a good half an hour for no apparent reason. I'm sure that I'm just preaching to the choir!
Don't get me wrong! I love every minute with my babies, even the bad ones! Which really are few are far between. But I just wanted to take a minute to vent. Does everyone else have days where they feel like this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Kristi, I feel like this atleast once a day especially since I have been home and I don't even have twins!!! I have learned though that they all go through "stages" and it seems Easton is going through one right now perfect timing right.....anyway hang in there and know that what you are going through is so normal. Things will mellow out in a while and just when you think things are getting better they will turn on ya again but I guess that is the fun of raising kids and motherhood. Hang in there I think you are doing great!!
Oh I am so glad you said that. Everyone told me it gets better but I agree with you 100%. My kids are way harder now than they have ever been. They throw tantrums, hit each other, and destroy my house faster than I can pick it up. They are not that attached to me which is nice and have actually done really well in nursery. I love having twins too but I can definitely empathize with you!
I know that I don't have twins, but I can honestly say that you're probably entering into a very difficult age of toddlerhood. I think most moms would agree. From 1- 2 1/2 years old- it's stressful! Hang in there. You're doing a great job. Why else would they love you the best!?!
Hey girl- sounds like your having a pretty normal time being a mom! It's so hard at times and yes, Gavin is attached to me also. It's a good feeling but sometimes I just want him to want Mike :) Anyway- just wanted you to know that I'm flying up to Utah on the 25th...that means we better hang out a few times! I'll call ya-
at least three times a week! I have to say though, I know you and I know that you are doing an excellent job with the little ones.
I am going through the same thing right now with Devan. Every child is so unique and comes with their own set of joys and challenges. Jaycie could throw the biggest tantrums I have ever seen. Jaycie and Bryce both went to nursery well. Not Devan though. He is a stinker. He screams the whole time. I either have to stay with him or take him with me. Motherhood is so rewarding and yet so hard at the same time. This is definately a hard age though. Hang in there, it will pass (at least that is what I keep telling myself with Devan). You are an awesome mom and so amazing with your twins!
Kristi- I am sure you don't remember me, but I came to your wedding.(I know that day is a blurr) Your kids are adorable and I just wanted to say hello.Scott and I used to hang out- I wanted to see how he was doing. Tell him Hi for me, lindsey
Well, the good news is that they both still come to me! Ha ha! I'm sure that throwing Murphy into the mix for a week was a lot for you, I'm so sorry. You know you can call me if you need some help! I'm pretty much always crazy.. so just throw another log on the fire baby! You are pretty much the most patient mom and person ever and hopefully they'll move into a better stage soon. Ashton still hasn't.. we'll wait together. Love you.
Wow! I can't imagine having twins since I know how hard it is with just one at a time! You are so patient and such a sweet mom! You make it look SO easy!
Oh yeah! i know how you feel. i think i am going to have gray hair soon.
Hey! It was so nice to get to meet you in person last week! I hope that Carlie and Mason's last lessons went/go well. They are getting to be great little swimmers!
Hey Kristi! It would be hard to know how kids are when they grow, seeing as I don't have any yet.. but when I do I'll let you know. I'm sure it's not called the "terrible two's" for nothing. It was lovely having breakfast with you the other day, I'm glad to have met all of you guys!
-Arica
Post a Comment